Feature & Follow: Why We Get Started Book Blogging

This Feature & Follow is hosted by two hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs.

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools — keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to the original post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you want and tell them “hi” in their comments or respond to the question (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. It's a great way to see what other book bloggers are reading now, and how they feel about the weekly question.

Q: What drove you to start book blogging in the first place?

A: I started blogging in the beginning for business and business only, as a way to reach my customers in a quick-hit format via my pastry blog with industry info and my latest specials. Book blogging is a completely different story; it was started purely for pleasure - I enjoy reading. I started this book blog after writing a cookbook review. A publisher liked how I tackled it and began sending me books. It snowballed and soon I had many non-fiction titles from other publishers and self-published authors. This book blog was a way to house them all, but it also opened the doors for me to try new fiction, too. I've read some amazing reads from brand new authors on Smashwords that rivals some of the hardbacks I've purchased full price at the book store, which has opened my eyes to different ways authors can now connect to readers. It's all been a learning curve, but the readers of book blogs and book bloggers themselves are all very helpful if you're new, and opened me up to genres I never thought I'd read which has been very fun. 

What about you? Enter the linky below.


Comments

  1. Great answer. I'm a new follower :)

    my FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these origin stories! Returning the follow!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. Sounds like the publishers pushed you into book blogging! How nice!

    My follow friday! Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find your peculiar blogging experience really interesting. Really enjoyed your review from Story Cookbook. This is my first visit here and I'm a new follower.
    My ff:
    http://jessysbookends.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow_13.html

    Jess@ Jessy's Bookends

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed reading your answer. (: Yay, I'm your 60th follower :D
    Here is my FF:
    http://cheerfulreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for you input!