- Digital Learning Day - February 5, 2014
- Freedom of Information Day - March 16, 2014
"Digital Learning Day is about giving every child the opportunity to learn in a robust digital environment everyday, with the goal of success in college and a career."
"National FOI Day is an annual, daylong program of speaking and discussion by specialists in various aspects of freedom of information."
- School Library Month - April 2014, 2014
From the American Association of School Librarians (ala.org):
"School Library Month (SLM) is the American Association of School Librarians' (AASL) celebration of school librarians and their programs."
- National Drop Everything and Read Day -"D.E.A.R. Day" - April 12, 2014From DropEverythingandRead.com:
"D.E.A.R. stands for “Drop Everything and Read,” a national month-long celebration of reading designed to remind folks of all ages to make reading a priority activity in their lives."
- National Library Week - April 13-19, 2014From ala.org:
"Celebrate National Library Week 2014 with the theme, 'Lives change @ your library'."World Book Night - April 23, 2014
From the ala.org:
"WORLD BOOK NIGHT is a celebration of literacy by publishers, bookstores, libraries and individuals who love books and reading." Fun!
- Library Card Sign-up Month - September 2014
"[During this month] the American Library Association (ALA) and libraries all across the country are celebrating the value of getting a library card."
- Banned Books Week - September 21-27, 2014
"Banned Books Week is the national book community's annual celebration of the freedom to read."
- Picture Book Month - November 2014
"Picture Book Month is an international literacy initiative that celebrates the print picture book during the month of November."