The recipes chapters are: Greens; Poultry; Meats; Side Dishes; Soup; Beans; Desserts; and Additional Family Recipes. Ivey includes Rosia Lee's Legacy and an Interview with Rosia Lee in the beginning of the book.
Sweet Potato Pie
This recipe is adapted from Rosia Lee Ivey's Recipes for Life.
- Use a 9" Pyrex or metal pie pan.
- Boil 3 medium (or 2 large) sweet potatoes with a pinch of salt with their skins until they are done. When they are fork-tender, remove their skins, slice and place in a mixing bowl while still warm. Mash a stick of butter into them, mix in a cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour, grate 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg, 2 dashes of cloves, 2 dashes of mace, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon of lemon extract, whip 2 eggs into the mixture, add about 1 cup of evaporated milk using an egg beater, and mix until smooth.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust and place in a preheated 375 degree oven for about an hour, or until done.
- Rosia Lee Ivey's Recipes for Life by John Arthur Ivey
- Dorrance Publishing, 2008
- ISBN: 9781434901408
- Paperback, 99 pages
Disclosure: This book was provided to the author by the publisher. Any opinions are the author's own.