Feature and Follow: Looking Up Strange Words and Terminology

Q: What is the BIGGEST word you’ve seen used in a book lately – that made you stop and look it up? Might as well leave the definition & book too.

A: This is a great question. :) I'm doing research for an article I'm writing and right now I'm combing through old cookbooks. A term came up that I couldn't identify. I'm pretty 'offal' literate (variety meats like kidneys, liver, and the like) but I didn't know what pork melts were. I actually had to look it up. For those that don't know or who want to know - pork melts are the pork spleen, and yes, some people eat that part of the animal. For the life of me I can't remember the book, only that I wrote it down, but it came from one published in the early 20th century.

Hosted by Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog.

F&F: First you leave your name here on this post using the linky tools, grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post, and then visit as many blogs as you want on the list and tell them “hi” in their comments or respond to their question. If someone follows you, it's courtesy to follow back. It's a great way to see what other book bloggers are reading now, and how they feel about the weekly question.

OK, what term did you have to look up? Enter the linky and leave a comment below.